Social Commerce, Word-of-mouth, SNS, Customer's, Purchase Decisions
This research focuses on how the factors influencing the characteristics and the words-of-mouth effect influences the consumer’s purchase decision. Especially, it was researched how the word-of-mouth influences the characteristics of social commerce and purchase decision. As a result, decision-making support system and social influence seemed to have variables and influences on word-of-mouth effect, and cost-reducing and impulse buying did not seem to have any variables or influences on the word-of-mouth effect. Also, the variables influencing the characteristic of social commerce and word-of-mouth effect seemed to influence the purchase decisions of the consumer. The variables influencing the word-of-mouth effect seemed to be influenced much greatly by the characteristics of the sender and the receiver rather than the characteristic of the message. This research has revealed that the word-of-mouth effect of social commerce influenced the purchase decisions of customers using social commerce. The significance of this research is in providing the basis for more efficient and effective marketing by social commerce corporations.
Full Text : PDF
- Bayus, B., 1985. Word-of-mouth: the indirect effects of marketing efforts. Journal of Advertising Research.
- Cho, K., 2012. The Effects of Social Commerce Characteristics on Trust and Purchase Intention. Department of Business Administration, The Graduate School of Konkuk University.
- Cho, Y.J. and Yang, H.S., 2012. Transactions: The Effect of Characteristics in Fashion Social Commerce Sites and SNS subjective Norm on Consumer Attitudes towards Social Commerce and Purchase Intention of Fashion Products. Journal of the Korean Society of Clothing and Textiles, Vol. 36, No. 11.
- Han, S., Kim, Y., and Lee, B. 2011. TheEffectsofCharacteristicsofSocialCommerceonPurchaseIntention - FocusingontheModeratingEffectofSocialNetworkService, Transactions on Internet and Information Systems, Vol12, No 6.
- Henning-Thurau, Gwinner, KP., Walsh, G., and Gremler, D.D, 2004. Lectronic word of mouth via consumer opinion platforms: what motivates consumers to articulate themselves on the internet?. Journal of Interactive Marketing.
- Jun, S. and Park, H., 2003. A study on the difference of the oral effects of the type of negative word-of-mouth information. Journal of Consumer Studies, Vol 14, No 4.
- Na, Jong Yun, 2010. Using research on the use of online social networks, consumer applying the diffusion model. Journal of Consumer Studies, Vol 21, No 2.
- Park, Chul, 2006. Cross-cultural empirical study on the factors affecting the online word-of-mouth effect. Korean Management Review, Vol 35, No 6.
- Ryu, G.J., Na, Y., and Ryu, J.Y., 2013. The Effects of Characteristics of Social Commerce and Service Quality on Purchase Intention. Korea Association of Business Education, Vol. 28, No. 1.
- Seo, S. and Lee, J., 2011. The Influence of Trust and Satisfaction on Sociability and Personalization of Social Network. Korea Association of Business Education, Vol. 26, No. 3.
- Shin, D.H., 2012. Experience Measurement of Social Commerce Users," AEJMC(The Association for Education in Journalism and Mass Communication.