Investment, developing economy, instability, nepotism, national leaders.
This paper considers the main elements of investment in a developing economy with emphasis on the role of national leaders. The theoretical arguments in favour of the topic study are considered and critiqued; and the importance of the role of leaders discussed. The problems of developing countries with respect to investment, economic instability and development effects are discussed. It is concluded that national leaders should be pragmatic in their decisions as nepotism, tribalism and the â€œmeâ€ syndrome cannot help an economy but a visionary leadership style.
Full Text : PDF
- Ahiauzu, A. (1999) The African Industrial Man. CIMRAT Publications; Port Harcourt, Nigeria.
- Amaechi, R. (2008) Empowering Rivers State Indigenes. Government House Press Port Harcourt, Nigeria.
- Aspe, P. (1993). Economic Transformation: The Mexican Way, London.
- Baker, R., Lembke, V. and King T. (2002) Advanced Financial Accounting; 5th Edition; McGraw-Hill Company USA.
- Banks,J.; Disney, R. Duncan, A. and Van Reenen, J. (2005). The Internationalization of Public Welfare Policy; Economic Journal; 115 (502), pp 62-81.
- Bolotin, B. (2005) Lag in Families Incomes: Data of International Statistics. World Economy and International Relations, No. 7, pp. 83 – 99.
- Global Competitiveness Yearbook (2001), p.43
- Henning, K. (2001) The Essence of the New Economy; Kiel, June, p.4.
- IMF, (2004) The World Economic Outlook; September, pp. 9, 205.
- Kwon, H. J. (2005) Transforming the Developmental Welfare State in East Asia. Development and Change Journal, 36 (3), pp. 447-497.
- Latin American Equity Research (1995) 31. V. p. 7.
- Okigbo, P. (1987) Essays in the Public Philosophy of Development. Vol. 1, Fourth Dimension Publishers, Enugu Nigeria.
- Shakirov, A. (2004). Brazil’s Economy in 2002; Journal of World Economy and International Relations, No. 1, pp. 107-112.
- Soludo C. (2006) Code of Corporate Governance for Banks in Nigeria Post Consolidation; Working Paper, Central Bank of Nigeria.
- The Latin American Strategist (1995), 31. V.p. 27.
- World Development (1993). No. 1, p.136.
- World Investment Report (2000, 2004).