E-Government, transformation, transparency, competency, service-oriented government, government 3.0
E-government is increasingly being implemented in all areas of government administration. It is increasing efficiency and transparency and bringing convenience and safety to citizens’ lives, and consequently improving the quality of life. E-government is a transformation of government processes, transactions, and policy making and implementation that are efficiently carried out through information and communication technologies to provide better and efficient services to the citizens while reducing waste and corruption and increasing accountability, transparency, and trust.
This paper discusses the efforts of Korean government to transforming with transparency, competency, service-oriented government.
Full Text : PDF
- Cerrillo-i-Martínez, A., 2011. “The regulation of diffusion of public sector information bioelectronic means: Lessons from the Spanish regulation”. Government Information Quarterly, Vol. 28, pp. 188–199.
- Cuillier, D. & Piotrowski, S., 2009. “Internet information-seeking and its relation to support for access to government records”. Government Information Quarterly, Vol. 26, pp.441–449.
- Fountain, J., 2001. “Building the virtual state: Information technology and institutional change Washington”. DC7: Brookings Institution Press.
- Gronlund, A. and Horan, T., 2005. “Introducing e-gov: History, definitions and issues”. Communications of the Association for Information Systems, Vol. 15.
- Heeks, R. and Bailur, S., 2007. “Analysing e-government research: Perspectives, philosophies, theories, methods, and practice”. Government Information Quarterly, Vol. 24.
- Irani, Z., Love, P., and Montazemi, A., 2006. “Call for papers: Special issue on e-government: Past, present and future”. European Journal of Information Systems.
- Jeong, K. and Kim, H., 2003. “After the introduction of the government portal services: Evolution into the m-government initiatives”. In Proceedings of the ICA 37th Conference.
- Kushchu, I. and Kuscu, H., 2003. “From E-government to M-government: Facing the Inevitable.” The 3rd European Conference on e-Government.
- Lee S., Tang X. and Trimi S., 2005. “Current practices of leading e-government countries”. Communications of the ACM, Vol. 48, No. 10.
- Morris, D. F. and Moon, M. J., 2005. “Advancing E-Government at the grassroots: Tortoise or hare?” Public Administration Review, 65(1), 64−75.
- Mulgan, R., 2000. “Accountability: An ever-expanding concept?” Public Administration, 78(3), 55−73.
- Northrup, T. A. and Thorson, S. J., 2003. “The Web of governance and democratic accountability.” Proceedings of the 36th Annual Hawaii International Conference on System Sciences.
- Premkumar, G., Ho, A. and Chakraborty, P., 2006. “E-government evolution: an evaluation of local online services”. International Journal of Electronic Business, Vol. 4, No. 2.
- Reddick, C., 2005. “Citizen interaction with e-government: From the streets to servers?”. Government Information Quarterly. 22.
- Relyea, H. C., & Hogue, H. B., 2004. A brief history of the emergence of digital government in the United, In A. Pavlichev & G. D. Garson (Eds.), Digital government: Principles and best practices (pp. 16-33), Hershey, PA: Idea Group Publishing.
- Seifert, J. W., and Relyea, H. C., 2004. “Considering e-government from the federal perspective: An evolving concept, a developing practice”. Journal of E-Government, 1(1): 7-15.
- Seifter, J. and Chung, J., 2008. “Using e-Government to Reinforce Government-Citizen Relationships”. Social Science Computer Reviews.
- Song, In Kuk, 2014. “Emerging Internet Technology & Service toward Korean Government 3.0”. KSII Transactions on Internet and Information Systems, Vol 8, No 2.
- Streib, G. and Navarro, I., 2006. “Citizen demand for interactive E-Government: The case of Georgia consumer services”. American Review of Public Administration, 36(3), 288−300.
- The transformation of government, World Economic Forum,
- Tian, J. and Tianfield, H. “Some Perspectives of e-Government. In F. Bannister, & D. Remenyi (Eds.) 3rd Euripean conference on e-Government, 2003.
- Trimi, S. and Sheng, H., 2008. “Emerging Trends in m-government”. Communications of the ACM, Vol 51, No. 5.