location information, authentication, security, multi-layer display
The importance of selecting an environment appropriate authentication method is the most crucial decision in designing secure systems. In particular, authentication such as login process is more considering with security threat. This paper introduces the method of location-based authentication using multi-layer display which is the ability to authenticate pc and mobile users based on location-based information they would carry out anyway. The system generates authentication information on multi-layer display by users’ current location information captured by smartphones, PCs, time, and weather information to authenticate users. We develop a simple model and application for how to perform location-based authentication, which is working on the multi-layer display, describe the benefits of our method. Our preliminary findings support that this is a meaningful approach, whether used to increase usability or increase security and simplicity.
Full Text : PDF
- Albayram, Y., Khan, M., Bamis, A., Kentros, S., Nguyen, N., & Jiang, R. (2014). A Location-Based Authentication System Leveraging Smartphones. IEEE 15th International Conference on Mobile Data Management.
- Cho, YounSun, Godrich, Michael & Bao, Lichun. (2006). “Secure Access Control for Location-Based Application in WLAN Systems”, Mobile Adhoc and Sensor Systems (MASS).
- Hachiya, T. & Bandai, M. (2013). Location-based authentication system using space dependent information, MobiSys.
- Jakobsson, M., Shi, E., Golle, P. & Chow, R. (2009). “Implicit Authentication for Mobile Devices”, Hotsec.
- Jansen, W. & Korolev, V. (2009). “A Location-Based Mechanism for Mobile Device Security”, in WRI World Congress on Computer Science and Information Engineering, Los Angeles, California USA.
- Jaros, D. & Kuchta, R. (2010). “New Location-based Authentication Techniques in the Access Management", Sixth International Conference on Wireless and Mobile communications.
- Jaros, D., Kuchta, R. & Vrba, R. (2011). “The Location-based Authentication with The Active Infrastructure”, The Sixth International Conference on Internet and Web Applications and Services.
- Lenzini, G., Bargh, M. & Hulsebosch, B. (2008). "Trust-enhanced Security in Location-based Adaptive Authentication," Electronic Notes in Theoretical Computer Science, vol. 197, pp. 105-119.
- Li, G. & Bours, P. (2018). Studying WiFi and Accelerometer Data Based Authentication Method on Mobile Phones. ICBEA.
- Mahbub, U., Sarkar, S. & Chellappa, R. (2016). Active user authentication for smartphones: A challenge data set and benchmark results. IEEE 8th International Conference on Biometrics Theory, Applications and Systems.
- Ninassi, A., Vernois, S. & Rosenberger, C. (2018). Privacy Compliant Multi-Biometric Authentication on Smartphones. ICISSP.
- Takamizawa, H. & Kaijiri, K. (2009). “A Web Authentication System using Location Information from Mobile Telephones”, Proceedings of the IASTED International Conference Web-based Education.
- Yang, I. & Nanni, L. (2011). State of the art in Biometrics. InTech.