Actual Shopping, Music and Customer Satisfaction, Fragrance and Customer Satisfaction, Playing Area/Activity, Customer Service etc
Brand Building in general is one of the issues concerning Strategic Brand management. Retailer issues in Branding are a branch out of this. The purpose of this paper is to identify certain measures for building Retail brand especially in the organized sector, with objectives such as to identify which activity the customers most prefer in any Retail Outlet, to identify the customers level of satisfaction towards a Retail outlet through a survey, to establish the relationship between satisfaction level and existence of Play area in an organized Retail outlet and to suggest some ways and means such application of Music and fragrance in an organized retail outlet as brand building measure. This paper also discusses on specific literature study on the Retail Brand building measures. In order to study the feasibility of existence of certain parameters, an exploratory pilot study was conducted and a quantitative analysis using Chi-Square testing was also done by defining suitable Research question and Hypothesis. The results were compiled in the findings. Based on the secondary research, some specific suggestion as propounded by some eminent academicians, were also brought out in the findings. A few recommendations based on the primary research findings have also been provided
Full Text : PDF
- Barry Berman, Joel R Evans (2007), Retail Management - A Strategic Approach, Pearson Education, New Delhi.
- Terilyn A. Henderson and Elizabeth A. Mihas on Building Retail Brands (2000) The McKinsey Quarterly, 2000 Number 3, pp. 110–117
- Retailer issues in Branding: AIMA Document (2008)
- Philip Kotler, Kevin Lane Kellar, Mithileshwar Jha & Abhraham Koshy (2007)Marketing management-A South Asian Perspective-13th edition.
- Rajagopal (2008) , Measuring brand performance through metrics application MEASURING BUSINESS EXCELLENCE Emerald Group Publishing Limited, VOL. 12 NO. 1 2008, pp. 29-38,
- Gopal, R. (2006). The changing paradigm in the retail sector. Spectrum http://www.kohinoorgroup.co.in/images/kbsjrnl/Vol3.Issue3_jan_apr06.pdf, accessed 14th October 2007
- Kearney,A.T.(2006). The 2006 Global retail development Index. http://www.atkearney.com/main. p=5,3,1,141,1, AT Kearney, accessed 21st January 2008
- Pradan,S. (2003). Retailing Management, Tata McGraw-Hill, New Delhi , pp. 60-75.
- Alvin C Burns, Ronald F Bush (2006) Marketing Research, Pearson Education, New Delhi
- Cover story report on “Walmart Back to the Front” in the Business world dated 20 Dec 2010, pp. 37-42
- 2010 Annual Report of Pantaloon Retail India Limited
- Piyush Kumar Sinha & Sanjay Kumar Kar Category Management Practices in India: A special reference to Organized Retailers in Ahmedabad paper presentation for the International Conference on Research in Marketing Jan 3-5, 2007 organized by INDIAN INSTITUTE OF MANAGEMENT ,AHMEDABAD-380 015 INDIA.