Store design, store strategy, supermarket retailing, food shopping
The primary aim of the research was to determine the impact of Iceland foods plc store design refit strategy on shoppers behavior. Based on the researcher's phenomenological stand, informal interviews and observations were used to collect data. A total of thirty interviews and observations were carried out in two refitted stores of Iceland foods plc and the data collected were analyzed qualitatively. The findings point to the relative importance of the stages of the consumer decision making process, and also to the relative importance of the factors which influences the consumer decision making process. Overall, service quality was found to be important to all and the refit strategy according to the customers was indeed a success
Full Text : PDF
- Ashbourn, J. (1982), ‘Retail and distribution management’, International Journal of Retail & Distribution Management, Vol.10 No.6, pp. 63-64
- Akwensivie, D.M (2004) Store Design: ‘The Effect of Iceland Foods plc refits strategy on today’s consumers’, an unpublished dissertation submitted to the University of Glamorgan for the award of Master of Science degree.
- Bearden, O.W., Thomas, N.I. and Raymond, W. L. (1996), Marketing: Principles and Perspectives, New York: Irwin publication
- Bell, D.R., Tech-Hua H. and Tang, L. (1998), ‘Determining where to shop: fixed and variable cost of shopping’, International Journal of Marketing Research, Vol. 35 Issue 3, pp
- Blythe, J. (2001). Essentials of Marketing, (2nd Ed), London: Financial Times. Prentice Hall
- Brassington, F. and Pettit, S. (2000) Principles of Marketing, (2nd Ed), London: Prentice Hall.
- Duncan, T. (2005) Principles of Advertising and Integrated Marketing Communications, (2nd Ed), Basingstoke: McGraw-Hill and Irwin
- Dunne, P., Lusch, R. and Griffith, D. (2002), Retailing (edn) New Jersey: Prentice Hall
- Fill, C. (1999), Marketing Communications: Context, Content and Strategies, (2nd ed), European: Prentice Hall
- Fitch, R. and Knobel, L. (1990), Fitch on Retail Design, Oxford: Phaidon Press.
- Grimsey, B. (2004), The Big Food Group, News Letter for Colleagues. p. 4
- Jobber, D. (2001), Principles and Practice of Marketing, (3rd Ed), Basingstoke: McGraw-Hill.
- Jobber, D. and Fahy, D. (2003), Foundations of Marketing, Basingstoke: McGraw-Hill.
- Kent, A. and Omar, O. (2003), Retailing, Basingstoke: Palgrave/ Macmillan
- Kotler, P. Armstrong, G. and Saunders, J. Wong, V. (1996). Principles of Marketing, European Edition, Prentice Hall Europe
- McGoldrick, P.J. (1990), Retail Marketing, London: McGraw-Hill
- Morgenstein, M. and Strongin, H. (1992) Modern Retailing: Management
- Principles and Practices, New Jersey: Regent/Prentice Hall
- Omar, O. (1999), Retail Marketing, London: Financial Times / Pitman Publication
- Saunders, M., Lewis, P. and Thornhill, A. (2000), Research Methods for Business Students, (2nd Ed) Financial Times/ Prentice Hall
- Saunders, M., Lewis, P. and Thornhill, A. (1997), Research Methods for Business Students, Pitman Publishing
- WWW.Iceland .co.uk ; WWW lib.umi.com/dissertations