Competitiveness, TQM, Employee Satisfaction, Customer Satisfaction, Hospitality Industry, Alexandria
In todayâ€™s highly competitive, global marketplace, a company that excels is one that continually strives to identify and focus on factors critical to its customers and improve its processes in order to provide the highest â€“ quality product or service possible. The implementation of total quality management in hospitality industry is an essential approach for business that attempts to maximize their competitiveness through the continual improvement of the quality of its products, services, people, processes, and environments in order to meet customersâ€™ requirements which will subsequently lead to customersâ€™ satisfaction. Moreover, it is worth to stress on the effect of dealing with the employees as internal customers in achieving customersâ€™ satisfaction which will lead to present high quality service in the hospitality industry within the framework of TQM criteria. Thus, this study aims to investigate the relationship between the implementation of TQM and the customer satisfaction and employeeâ€™s satisfaction, as well as to study the relationship between the application of the TQM and achieving the organization goals and gaining competitive advantage through achieving customersâ€™ satisfaction in hospitality industry in Alexandria, Egypt. Two questionnaires were distributed in four and five hotels in Alexandria; the first one is distributed to customers to measure the elements that affect their satisfaction during their stay in Alexandria hotels. The second one was
Full Text : PDF
- Barrows, Clayton W. and Powers, Tom.(2009). Introduction to the hospitality industry. John Wiley & sons.
- Basu, Amiya, (2004), the price of Delivery Services, Journal of Regional Science, vol.44, Issue 4
- Besterfield, et al.2003. Total Quality Management. Pearson education international.
- Bruhn, Manfred and Georgi, Dominik. 2006. Managing the Service Value Chain. Prentice hall.
- Bruhn, Manfred and Georgi, Dominik. 2006. Service Marketing. Prentice Hall.
- Evans, Iames R.and Lindsay, William M. 2008. Managing for Quality and Performance Excellence. Thomson learning Inc.
- Evans, James R. and Lindsay, William M. 2008. The Management and Control of Quality. Thomson.
- Foster, S.Thomas (2004). Managing quality- an integrative approach. Pearson education international.
- Gaurav, Kunal. (2010). Drivers of Employee Satisfaction and Attrition-a Quantitative Investigation. GRINVERLAG.
- Gerrish, Kate & Lacey, Anne.(2010). The research process in nursing. Blackwell publishing Ltd.
- Hayes, David K. and Ninemeier, Jack D. (2005).Hotel operation management. Prentice hall.
- Jones, Gareth R. and George, Jennifer M. (2007). Essentials of Contemporary Management .Mc Graw.
- Kothari.C.R.(2004). Research methodology. New age international LTd.
- Kotler, Philip and Armstrong, Gray. (2008). Principles of Marketing. Pearson Education International.
- Kotler, Philip and Armstrong, Gray. (2011). Marketing – an Introduction. Pearson Education International.
- Kotler, Philip and Keller, Kevin Lane.(2012). Marketing Management. Pearson education LTD.
- Lovelock, Christopher, Wirtz, Jochen, Chew, Patricia.(2009). Essentials of services marketing. Pearson prentice hall.
- Miller, R. L. and Brewer, J. D. (2003). The A-Z of social research: adictionary of key social science research concepts. London: Sage.
- Mohanty,R.P, and Lakhe, R.P.(2007). TQM in the Service Sector. JAICO publishing house.
- Mudie, Peter and Pirrie, Angela. (2006). Service Marketing Management. Elsevier LTD.
- Nunnally, J. C.(1978), “Psychometric theory”, New York: McGraw-Hill.
- Omachnou, Vincent K. and Ross, Joel E. (2000). Principles of total quality. CRC press LIC.
- Parasuraman, Valarie A. Zeithaml, Leonard L. Berry. ( 1985), Source: The Journal of Marketing, Vol. 49, No. 4
- Rawlins, R.Ashely.2008. Total Quality Management (TQM). Author house.
- Riegelman, Richard K. (2005). Studying a study and testing a test. Williams & Wilkins
- Sallis, E. (2005).Total Quality Management .Education.Taylor&Francis.
- Zeithaml,V., Parasuraman,A. and Berry,Leonard L. (2010). Delivering quality service. The free press- New York.